Monday, January 30, 2012
Can we all take a moment to reflect on the hilarity of this blog post title? What better way to kick off 2012 Jess Loves Fred with really bad puns and really bad humor. If this were Christmas, I wouldn't be getting any presents because I've been a bad litte blogger. I hope you all had a wonderful break and holiday season (I spent mine slogging it out in the retail industry. My only friends for a while were security tags and the juice shop downstairs). This is how I spent my New Years Day (like every other Sydneysider..) at the beach! It was the first time I've been in a year, and from a vague memory of getting headbutted in the hip by some kid the last time I went to the beach, I didn't think I was fond of the sand and surf. Until I actually went for the first time this Summer (this ridiculous tantrum weather is more upsetting than finishing all the seasons of The Wire and having nothing to watch)...and LOVED IT.
High-waisted bikini: Silent Sky
Necklace: Knobbly Designs on Etsy
Sunnise: Ray ban
What I've been up to, in brief:
- Working and interning more hours than you can shake a "WHY HAVE YOU NOT BLOGGED" stick at.
- Being late to the Breaking Bad party, and losing so much sleep over it (when has my blog not been about watching this or that TV show too enthusiastically?).
- I finally gave my feet and future chiropractor a break and got into wearing flats (!).
- I used and abused my dad and best friend's iPhones way too many times and joined Instagram (follow me! "Fartssica").
- I wrote and published my first article...about masturbation and porn addiction.
- My half-shaven head is now more like half-really-strange-length...I thought it's time to give up being a punk and scaring elderly ladies.
- I realised that this four month break from university is driving me slightly insane. Is there such a thing as too long a holiday?.
- I bought a 12 pack of tissues that I don't need, sole reason being they were only $2.
- I watched about three hundred thousand cute/funny animal videos on Youtube.
- Pretty much lost my voice rapping along at the Kanye concert.
- Watched my male friends suddenly and inexplicably get into Ping Pong.
- Got drunk off a quarter cup of wine (I haven't changed).
- Held my breath as I checked my e-mail for the first time in weeks.
- Was the Modcloth Blogger of the moment!
- This is turning into an autobiography so this will be the last dot-point. What have you been up to?